We believe that providing high quality information is of fundamental importance. It is important that patients can find out about their problem and have high quality written information to help them decide on treatment. It is also important to consider the five questions of Realistic Medicine:
- Is an operation really needed?
- What are the potential benefits and risks?
- What are the possible side effects?
- Are there simpler, safer or alternative treatment options?
- What would happen if I did nothing?
Hand fractures (General Information)
UCL injury of thumb
Extensor tendon injuries
Flexor tendon injuries
Nerve injuries in the hand and wrist
Volar plate Injuries (jammed finger)
Central Slip Injuries
The “Fight Bite” injury
© Fife Hand Service 2020