We believe that providing high quality information is of fundamental importance in order to support patients to find out about their problem and to help them make a decision regarding when and how to treat their condition. We promote the five questions of Realistic Medicine:
- What happens if I do nothing?
- Is an operation really needed?
- What are the potential risks and benefits?
- What are the possible side effects?
- Are there any simpler, safer or alternate treatment options?
© Fife Hand Service 2021